Monday, October 29, 2007

Project Life Change Update



Um, can I amend that "Project Life Change" vow I made?

How about writing or reading every day? Or how about writing every other day?

This is harder than I thought. It's hard right now just to sit here--the dishwasher needs to be emptied, miscellaneous stacks of paper appear to be breeding in the den and on my kitchen table, the toilet upstairs is clogged, and I'm hosting playgroup this Friday. Oh, and it's my Bean-girl's third birthday this week, and I haven't even bought her a gift. (bad mom!)

This weekend I meant to get some writing done. I really did. But I had to finish up an editing project, there was my moms' group brunch on Saturday, Bean-girl would not go down for her nap... and while holding my colicky infant on the couch Saturday night, I got sucked into watching reruns of "America's Next Top Model." Yes, I did. And even after I got Baby Legume to sleep in her crib, I kept watching. God help me, I even TiVoed the last episode so I could see who won the 2006 season.

"Lame" is too poor a word for all this.

I did get some reading done... And this post counts as writing now, doesn't it? Even though it feels like an exercise in logorrhea.

When my Baby Legume spits up, the Bean-girl and I say, "Baby Legume went bleah!" That's how I feel now: I'm going bleah on this empty page. It's how I've felt lately every time I touch the keyboard.

So... three days into the challenge, and it's already harder than I thought. I'll be checking on the other bloggers at this page to see how everyone else is doing.

3 comments:

ScienceMama said...

I think it's perfectly okay to warm up to a big change. And yes, prioritizing yourself for once IS a big change. So don't let the fact that you didn't leap out of the gate be an excuse not to run. Work up to your goal! And, for what it's worth, I'm enjoying your stream of conciousness writing, and I think you are a really lovely writer. So please keep writing!

The bean-mom said...

Sciencemama,

Thank you. So much.

EcoGeoFemme said...

It's been a little while since you posted this, but I just read it and I must say, I love America's Next Top Model. Even though I don't want to.

I really like the life change idea too. How's it going now?