Thursday, October 18, 2007

What she dreams of, what she says


Last night, while I lay next to the Bean-girl in her bed:

Bean: Mommy, what are you thinking?

Me: That I'm tired and want to go to sleep.

Bean: What do you dream of?

Me: Uhhhh... (too tired to think at this moment). I don't know. I often don't remember my dreams. Maybe I sometimes dream about my little daughters? What do you dream of?

Bean: I dream about drinking milk.

***********

This afternoon, while up in her bedroom:

Bean: Where's my favorite fish toy?

Me : It's on the kitchen counter. I'll go get it.

Bean: I'm coming too!

Me: I'm coming right back with it, Bean-girl. You don't have to come, I'll be right back.

Bean: I want to come.

Me : (exasperated) Why do you always have to go where I'm going? Why do you always have
to follow?

Bean: Because I want to follow you and go wherever you are going THAT'S ALL and I want to be in your arms so I can be with you wherever you are going THAT'S ALL and so I can be in your arms THAT'S ALL!

2 comments:

ScienceMama said...

This is ADORABLE. Exasperating perhaps, but also adorable!

Rana said...

wow. are all children this beautiful? the bean does not even know just how special she is.