Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Meme: 7 random things about me

I've been tagged by Sciencemama for this meme! And it's easier than EcoGeoFemme's, so I'll start with this one.

1) I cannot carry a tune. Neither can my husband. As far as we can tell, neither can our toddler daughter.

2) I was born in a very small Midwestern town and couldn't wait to get out.

3) When I was young, I was a big sci-fi/fantasy geek. I still love the stuff (the Golden Compass trilogy is one of my recent favorites), but it's a struggle to find time for pleasure reading now.

4) I went to college at the University of Southern California. Go Trojans!

5) But I hated L.A. I mean hated, detested, despised, loathed. I used to refer to as as "Mordor." I have repeatedly asked my husband to never never get a job there. Can you tell that I don't like the city? (Apologies to those who do. And I did love my time at USC, even though I hated the city).

6) My new viewing obsession is "Jon and Kate plus 8," a series on the Discovery channel that follows the lives of a young couple with one set of 6-yr old twins and one set of 3-yr old sextuplets. You read that right. I am in complete and utter awe of both parents. If I were the mother, I would long ago have run for the hills (even though the kids are cuter than pie).

7) I am American, but of Thai and Chinese ethnic background. When people learn that I am Thai, they often feel compelled to tell me, "Oh, I love Thai food." I never know what to say to that.

I don't know too many bloggers who would likely respond to a meme request from me, and those that I do know have already been tagged! So I will just pass this one on to my little sister at flaming hot cheetos. And I will tag Mrs. Chicken, who I don't really know, but who has a lovely parenting blog at Chicken and Cheese.

Rules:1- Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.2- Share 7 random and or weird things about yourself.3- Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.4- Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog

3 comments:

EcoGeoFemme said...

Ecogeoman doesn't let me sign in his presence because I'm so bad.

I think a really snarky reply to the Thai food thing would be fitting.

Mrs. Chicken said...

Thanks for the tag, and the compliment. I've got some other memes in the queue, but I promise to get to this one soon.

The bean-mom said...

Ecogeofemme,
Oh, my sisters once spent a car ride coming up with snarky comments. But I can never say those kinds of things in real life...