Monday, December 3, 2007

Dictionary definitions

Balrog --noun.
1. A character in the Lord of the Rings trilogy; a demon of shadow and flame that fights with Gandalf the Wizard in the Mines of Moria.
2. The term my husband uses to refer to our children when they act up and get crazy.

Brain-dead --adjective
1. Characterized by brain death, the final cessation of activity in the central nervous system, especially as indicated by a flat electroencephalogram for a predetermined length of time.
2. The state of being that my husband and I exist in after spending an entire evening wrestling with two tiny yet ferocious balrogs.

4 comments:

ScienceMama said...

Hee hee! I love tiny but ferocious balrogs!

arduous said...

tiny ferocious balrogs is seven syllables. just sayin.' ;)

Life As I Know It said...

I can certainly relate to the end- of-the-day-brain-dead-state!

The bean-mom said...

Heh, nice comment Arduous. Guess I'm a poet and didn't even know it...