Friday, December 7, 2007

Haiku Friday--Dec 7, 2007

Sciencemama is a poet who can turn even a poopy diaper blow-out into a thing of beauty (John Keats, eat your heart out). Lately she's been turning out these gorgeous, poignant lines (here and here).

I might not be able to compete in the poignancy department, but here are my entries for today:

For Baby Legume:

Irresistable
Her round cheeks like ripe fruit. Warm
and pressed against mine.


And here is an entry from my guest poet, the Bean-girl. She composed this on the couch while I blew her nose.


Where does snot come from?
From in my head, deep inside?
I would like some grapes.

2 comments:

arduous said...

Bean-girl's poem is the funniest ever! I too, would like some grapes.

ScienceMama said...

I LOVE these! The round fruit cheeks... I want to gobble them up!