Friday, January 4, 2008

End-of-the-year meme

Sciencegirl tagged me for this meme! The end of 2007 has passed, but I'll do it anyway!

1. Will you be looking for a new job?
I have no idea. I am not planning on looking for anything now, and did not plan to go back to any kind of outside full-time job until Baby Legume is at least one (which will be in June 2007). After that, if something interesting comes up I might consider it... if I find anything interesting in this depressed Midwestern town.

2. Will you be looking for a new relationship?
Not a new romantic one! Very happy with my current relationship with the Husband, thank you. But I do hope to find new friends, and deepen relationships with some of the mom-friends/acquaintances I've met here.

3. New house?
Heck, no. Hope not to move again for a long long time.

4. What will you do differently in 08?
I will try to be less defensive, less self-absorbed (ha!) and try to make more time for my husband.

5. New Years resolution?
Very simple. I like concrete and simple. To set aside a little time each day for writing or pleasure reading.

6.What will you not be doing in 08?
Moving or having more children.

7. Any trips planned?
Yup. Going to LA at the end of this month to celebrate Husband's grandmother's 100th birthday. Going to be a HUGE family reunion on his side--relatives flying in from all over the U.S. Also, we've booked a Carribean vacation for our little family this spring--one of those all-inclusive, family-themed resorts.

8. Wedding plans?
Nope. Already had mine, and don't know anyone who's planning one this year (that we'd be invited to).

9. Major thing on your calendar?
The aforementioned trips.

10. What can’t you wait for?
That Carribean trip. And for the Bean-girl to finally be fully toilet-trained, so I can throw all her training diapers away.

11. What would you like to see happen differently?
I'd like to see my house miraculously clean itself.

12. What about yourself will you be changing?
Changing oneself is hard. Can I take a pass?

13. What happened in 07 that you didn’t think would ever happen?
The Bean-girl turned out to be a more wonderful big sister than I ever thought possible.

14. Will you be nicer to the people you care about?
I want to try to be more appreciative of my husband. Unfortunately, when I'm exhausted and sleep-deprived, he is the first person that I take it out on. And he doesn't deserve that.

15. Will you dress differently this year than you did in 07?
Maybe I can lose weight and wear sexier/trendier clothes? Oh, let's just start with the lose weight part...

16. Will you start or quit drinking?
Becoming a wine connousieur sounds like fun. Becoming a connousier of trendy and exotic cocktails sounds like ever more fun. But I probably won't.

17. Will you better your relationship with your family?
I would like to have more time with the husband. It's so hard with two young children. But I'm hoping it will easier over the course of this year, as the kids get older...

18. Will you do charity work?
Hopefully.

19. Will you go to bars?
Probably not.

20. Will you be nice to people you don’t know?
I'm nice to strangers, unless they give me reason not to be.

21. Do you expect 08 to be a good year for you?
Yes.

22. How much did you change from this time last year till now?
So much. But in ways that I cannot now articulate late this evening.

23. Do you plan on having a child?
Not another one.

24. Will you still be friends with the same people you are friends with now?
I hope so.

25. Major lifestyle changes?
Every new phase/developmental milestone of a Bean or Legume = major lifestyle change for us all.

26. Will you be moving?
Heck, no. Hope not.

27. What will you make sure doesn’t happen in 08 that happened in 07?
Getting pregnant.

28. What are your New Years Eve plans?
Already past! We were all at my sister-in-law's, and all went to be early after dinner. Our 13-year old nephew was the only one to stay up till midnight.

29. Will you have someone to kiss at midnight?
D'oh! Forgot to kiss the husband! Oh, that's right--we were asleep.

30. One wish for 08?
For our girls to keep growing and flourishing as they have done so far.

That was fun. Now I tag (but only if they want to):

Sciencemama, Arduous, Ophelia Rising, Musingmommy

3 comments:

ScienceGirl said...

I love the "I'd like to see my house miraculously clean itself." :) I hope 2008 is a great year for the Bean family!

TheMusingMommy said...

I'm in! I'll post my answers sometime this week. :)

Ophelia Rising said...

Thanks so much for the tag! I'll be sure to post it soon.

(And I may just have to honor you with the same, at some point in the near future! :)