Saturday, January 19, 2008

She says what she thinks

This morning Bean-girl and I attempted to make homemade playdoh. The "non-sticky" recipe was a wet, sticky, gloppy disaster that in no way resembled what comes out of those colorful Playdoh cans. I tried fruitlessly to knead the stuff, getting most of it stuck between my fingers.

Bean-girl, I said. Can you use the wooden spoon to get this off my hands?

She regarded me solemnly. Mommy, she said. I think sometimes you get in trouble.

You're right, I said. Sometimes I do. Do you ever get in trouble?

No, she said. I think I'm better than you are.

5 comments:

EcoGeoFemme said...

Ha! Hilarious! Thanks for sharing that. :)

Wayfarer Scientista said...

from the mouths of babes!

Life As I Know It said...

Cute! Don't you love their honesty? I usually get a "Daddy's better at this than you are" whenever I am attempting to build a lego structure...

ScienceMama said...

bwahahaha!

ScienceGirl said...

Too funny - I am glad you are writing the pearls of wisdom down, as I am sure she will love reading this when she grows up!