Friday, April 11, 2008

First tooth!

Baby Legume is cutting her first tooth!

Finally, at 10 months and 2 weeks. Husband pointed it out to me before dinner tonight. I haven’t yet actually seen this tooth; every time I tried peering in her mouth, she stuck out her tongue like a panting little dog, occluding the view. But I ran my finger along her gums, and I could feel it: a sharp little square just starting to poke out, right in the middle of her bottom gum.

Even without teeth, she’s been eating everything in sight. Rice, pasta, chicken, chow mein, cheese of all kinds, potstickers, snow crab legs (Yes! The crab was fed to her by Grandpa at an all-you-can-eat Chinese buffet. I know babies under one year aren’t supposed to eat shellfish, but you can’t really do anything about Asian grandparents. They just do as they please, and Husband and I just shrug and throw up our hands). The insatiable Baby Legume can even take on an entire crust of pizza, gumming it and wearing it down with the starch-dissolving powers of her saliva.

Just think what she can now with this first tooth.

2 comments:

post-doc said...

She'll be an unstoppable Baby Legume! :) (And I hope teething isn't causing her too much pain.)

ScienceMama said...

Yay Baby Legume! And look out Bean-Mom... you're in for it now!