Thursday, April 24, 2008

Vacation

We are headed off on a vacation TOMORROW! You can probably tell that I’m excited, because normally I NEVER YELL IN ALL CAPS LIKE THIS!!!

We’re headed off to an all-inclusives resort in the Caribbean, the bean-girls in tow. Yup, me, Husband, preschooler, and infant. Beaches resort is Sesame Street-themed, so the older Bean-girl can bake cookies with Cookie Monster, dance with Zoe, and have breakfast with the Sesame Street gang. Luckily, she only just started taking an interest in Sesame Street over the past few weeks. (Before the age of three, I think the story lines may be a bit too complex). She even seems to be taking an interest in the letters and numbers interludes on the show. Who says that television doesn’t teach kids anything? (I distinctly remember learning my numbers from Sesame Street, myself).

So I should be joining my husband right now in the packing, but I obviously am not. We need this vacation like anything. I’ve been dreaming of blue waters, frothy colorful drinks, and my children splashing and giggling together in the pool. And a pedicure. Oh, yes, a pedicure.

I’ll be back next week. Hopefully with pictures.

9 comments:

Queen Zucchini said...

OH MY GOD can I come cook cookies with Cookie Monster!?!?! That sounds like so much FUN. I hope you enjoy the beach and many froofy umbrella drinks. Look forward to your posts when you come back!

hypoglycemiagirl said...

happy holidays!

post-doc said...

I hope you have a Fabulous Time!

ScienceMama said...

So. Jealous.

Have a fantastic time! You deserve it!

CAE said...

Awesome! Have tons of fun!

EcoGeoFemme said...

Have fun! stay safe.

Mad Hatter said...

That sounds amazing! Have a great time!

Mad Hatter said...

Oh, and by the way, you've been tagged!

Ophelia Rising said...

I hope you are having a wonderful time! Sounds like you deserve it.

(Sometimes, caps simply MUST be used! :)