Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Blog bling



Both ScienceGirl and Scientistmother gave me the lovely badge on the left! Thank you!

And part of the fun, of course, is passing this on. Many of my favorite bloggers have already received this award. But this still gives me the opportunity to update my blogroll (badly in need of updating) as I highlight some of the newer blogs I've found . . .

1. Mimi at Science, Food, Music, Art: the Meanderings of a Wannabe Wildlife Filmaker. She lives in the gorgeous Caribbean. She works at a butterfly farm. She studies biology, blogs a lot about science, and hopes to be a wildlife filmaker. How cool is all that?

2. Scientia Matris. She's a mother, a scientist, and she's making the big leap by starting her own research group. She gives us the low-down here.

3. Katie at Minor Revisions. You guys all know her, right? You should.

4. Wayfarer Scientista. You should all know her, too. Now this tough woman probably has good bear stories to tell! (Cath at VWXYnot? was telling bear stories the other day. Cath and I are terrified of bears).

Some non-science blogs:

5. Ophelia Rising just writes the most beautiful essays on, well, anything that she turns her mind toward. This is gorgeous writing.

6. MusingMommy--by turns funny, meditative, graceful, and always honest-- stories of motherhood and work (she runs an at-home daycare!!)in the Midwest.

7. Life as I Know It--warm, funny, insightful, and sometimes very moving.

Okay, here are the rules (if you want to play):

Put the logo on your blog.
Add a link to the person who awarded you.
Nominate at least seven other blogs.
Add links to those blogs on your blog.
Leave a message for your nominee on their blog.

5 comments:

TheMusingMommy said...

You are too kind! This is the second time you've bestowed on me praise. Thank you!!

Mimi said...

I am so incredibly flattered, you have NO idea. I have lurked your site for a while and you are one of MY inspirations... now, who to nominate!? Some of the blogs you mentioned are fantastic. Thanks!

post-doc said...

You're lovely - I'm very glad you know me. :) Given that I adore the way you write, being tagged was a wonderful compliment.

Wayfarer Scientista said...

Thanks so much!! I'm honored! And I finally passed it on. Indeed I do have some bear stories... perhaps I should make them a blog topic!

ophelia rising said...

Thank you, belatedly - sorry I didn't write sooner! These past few weeks have been crazy, and I didn't have Internet access for awhile (long story). Anyway, thank you so much. I'm really honored!

You are so kind, and such a wonderful writer yourself.